Storying Doncaster Sounds
This is a FREE arts-based workshop for CHILDREN and FAMILIES. The activities will run for the full afternoon and you are welcome to drop in at any point.
The event is part of the Sounds of Childhood project, a collaboration between Doncaster Civic Trust, the University of Sheffield and The Bower Wirks. Since March we have worked with young children in Doncaster to develop a creative ‘Storying Sounds’ toolkit.
We would like to invite you to come and play with the toolkit. The toolkit allows children and families to use sounds from the built environment as a starting point for imaginative storytelling.
The Storying Doncaster Sounds event also showcases work produced by the young children involved in the project, including an exhibition of young children’s sound visualisations.
– More information on getting to the venue here: http://www.thepoint.org.uk/contact-us
– Tea, coffee, juice and cakes will be provided throughout the event (including a selection of gluten free and vegan cakes).
– There is step-free access to the building. Rooms are on the ground and first floors of the building, lift access to the first floor is available.
– The building has a ‘Changing Place’ with accessible toilet, hoist and adult sized changing bed.
– We endeavour to make this event as accessible as possible. Please let us know if you have any more access questions or requirements.
When: Saturday 30th January, 1pm until 4pm
Where: darts: Doncaster Community Arts, The Point. 16 South Parade. Doncaster DN1 2DR
To sign up please go to: http://www.storyingdoncastersounds1.eventbrite.com